Re: [SLE] Sound Card Still Squealing Away [still no joy]
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 10:11:39 -0600
From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>

Does it squeal on all run levels? Can you see as it boots at what point it starts to squeal?

It starts to squeal very very early in the boot process. (Almost as fast as I can hit escape to see the detail of the boot process). I boot into runlevel 3 because I use the CLI most of the time. It squeals in runlevel 3 and runlevel 5. Which is strange because most people describe KDE as the problem. After I figure out how to kill the splash/bootsplash so I can see the early details of the boot process, I'll try to pin it down further.
At the boot prompt (grub screen), type in vga=normal
--
Joe Morris
New Tribes Mission

< Previous Next >