Re: [SLE] kmail (kontact) threaded view
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:53:42 -0600
On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 16:48:28 +0000, Hamish <lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sunny wrote:

> >>Is there any way to just make them bold, or a different colour? Even if
> >>they are expanded, it is more tricky to find unread items. I like to
> >>keep them all closed, scan for interesting threads, then expand, it
> >>keeps things much simpler!
> >>

> > In the upper right corner there is dropdown box for filtering the
> > view. Select there Unreaded.
> >
> > Sunny
> >

> I dont think I am explaining myself properly...
> When the thread is not expanded, only the first mail is visible.
> Any mail under the first mail is not visible, so it does not matter if
> it is a different colour, shape, size etc.
> Try it out if you use kmail - go to the folder where this list gets to,
> click the "folder" menu, click "thread messages". you now have a + next
> to the threads to expand and contract the threads. Collapse a thread and
> you will see that only the first message is visible. Now expand the
> thread and mark one of the mails as unread. It turns
> blue/red/green/bold/whatyouconfigured. Now collapse the thread. There is
> no way of telling that the thread contains an unread message.
> Maybe I've got a buggy install, or Im doing something wrong?

You explained pretty well. I do not know how to do this. But it is a
nice feature and is a good candidate for feature request to kmail
team. So, go ahead, check their bugs database, and see if it is
already posted. If not, post it and provide us with a link to the
request. They have voting system, so we can add our votes for that
feature.

Sunny

--
Get Firefox