Re: [SLE] Windows Media Codecs Install?
  • From: David Bottrill <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 17:58:03 +0000
On Wednesday 02 February 2005 17:07, Jon Clausen wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Feb, 2005 at 11:24:08 -0500, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> > I have ALL the files from packman, EXCEPT for libdvdcss.rpm. Apparently,
> > the German anti-competive control freak law kicked in, and it's no longer
> > available. I need it for 9.2.....file attached is fine. :)
>
> It was so easy I've forgotten how it goes... ;P
>
> There's a link somewhere on Packman's site, which points to a perl script
> somewhere else, which downloads/compiles/makes an rpm, that you can then
> install.
>
> Get the script,
> run as root,
> find the rpm,
> install,
> run xine,
> watch movies.

You just need to install libdvdcss, follow the link from Pacman it's simple to
compile and install even on an Athlon 64.
Then install the latest xinelib rpm from pacman. You don't need to update the
Xine GUI it works just fine when you update xinelib. I've successfully done
this on 4 boxes including an Athlon 64, although at the time pacman didn't
have the 64bit RPMs I think he now has them for download. You may also want
to update the Kaffeine GUI as this will then play DVDs it's also a good idea
to install the win32codecs this will play wmv files up to V8 not 9 and also
Quicktime movies in both Xine and Kaffeine.

David

--
David Bottrill

david@xxxxxxxxxxxx