Re: [Fwd: Re: [SLE] Wireless lan]
  • From: Bill Wisse <wiswp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:22:36 -1100
On Wednesday 02 February 2005 10:01, MJang wrote:
> > My question is, when I fire up Kwifimanager I get info about the second
> > AP but I want to get trough to the AP connected to the aerial to put in
> > some filters and see the signal strengths and connection speed.
> > What can I use to do this, I prefer a GUI but if nothing else I can use
> > the CLI.
> > I'm using 9.2.
>
> I think the
>
> iwlist scanning
>
> command provides this information (as long as your network card is
> connected and there are active APs in range). Are you looking for more?

Thanks Mike.
This is information Kwifimanager gives me as well, and is info between the
access point and the computer.
But I want to go into the first one , info between access point and ISP, to
set some filters.
Like the mac address from my computer, as the only address what is allowed to
connect ( security).
I spoke to somebody who has the same sort of setup on Windows and he mentioned
something about SNMP, but I'm lost here.

--

Greetings from
/bill at 169 west , 19 south.