Re: [SLE] Portal and CMS recommendations
  • From: Erik Jakobsen <eja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 10:24:00 +0100
Togan Muftuoglu wrote:

Hi,

I am in need of selecting a Portal and CMS( content management system).
I have found quite a bit of them and as a result I need some
recommendations.

1) Ease of install : It would be great if rpms for SUSE were available.
Should not need to install packages that are not in the SUSE DVD. That
way I do not need to track bugreports for lots of tiny small packages

2) Ease of management: For the System administrator it would be highly
beneficial if click and go style management interface was available. I
currently do not have any ideas on the experience of system admin so it
should be something with the KISS principle :-)

3) Content update: The software would be used by adult learners. It
should be fairly easy to add documents and update the content. It should
work flawlessly with Internet Explorer allowing documents to be uploaded
via browser. No need of knowing HTML or else should be needed. It should
be like a simple text editor so users can use it without learning
something new.

4) Search facilities: It should be able search the documents base
5) Forums, maillinglist, RSS/RDF, polls, calender of events should be
available. ( these are the minimum other possibilities are welcomed)
6) It should be as secure as possible and in stable status with
continuing development. No need to say that it should be in Open Source
License

I would very much appreciate if you can recommend packages along with
your comments what made you choose that particular one

Thanks in advance

Hi Togan.

I use Fundanemt or Mambo here.

http://www.fundanemt.com/