PHP and unixODBC
  • From: Ulrich Stärk <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 17:08:21 +0100 (CET)
Hi people,

I installed SuSE Linux 9.1 Professional on my machine und installed
apache2 with PHP4 and unixODBC. I configured unixODBC according to my
database setup und tested it with "cat test.sql|isql dsn username
password" which returned the correct results. Now I want to connect to my
database out of a php script and at first I tried "$conn =
odbc_connect("dsn","username","passwort");". But even that simple
statement resulted in an error in my apache 2 error log:
usr/sbin/httpd2-prefork: error while loading shared libraries:
/usr/lib/php/extensions/unixODBC.so: undefined symbol: SQLAllocEnv
I tried 5 hours searching for a solution but I'm stuck now. I reckon the
problem is not with unixODBC per se but with the PHP extension. Or my
configuration is wrong. I need your help.

Thanks

Uli

  • No further messages