SCSI Controller Configuration Error
  • From: "L. Mark Stone" <lmstone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 11:34:53 -0500
I'm having difficulty adding a second SCSI controller to my SuSE 9.2 Pro
system.

The existing controller works just fine, FYI it's a DPT 2865U3.

The second controller is an Adaptec 2120S controller.

After installing the second controller and booting the system, the SuSE
hardware tool alerts me that new hardware has been found, identifies
the controller correctly, and offers to configure it for me. I accept
and the YaST > Hardware > Disk Controller module is launched.

But only the DPT controller is listed in YaST; there is no Adaptec
controller listed to configure.

Now what?

Thanks!
Mark
A Message From... L. Mark Stone

Reliable Networks of Maine, LLC

"We manage your network so you can manage your business."

477 Congress Street
Portland, ME 04101
Tel: (207) 772-5678
Web: http://www.rnome.com