Re: [SLE] SCSI Controller Configuration Error
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 12:06:06 -0500

L. Mark Stone wrote:
<snip>
~ > But only the DPT controller is listed in YaST; there is no Adaptec
| controller listed to configure.
|
| Now what?

Hi Mark,

Two questions:

- - Do you have to make any adjustments in the BIOS like enabling or
resource mapping it?

- - What does YaST's Hardware Info module say?

Sometimes Hardware Info will correctly identify a required driver/module
when the relevant YaST installer doesn't cooperate. After I load it
manually (modprobe,) I try running the installer again and a lot of
times it'll just pick it up.

HTH & regards,

- - Carl

- --