DNS causes app to crash
  • From: Sean Rima <thecivvie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 09:42:32 +0000
I have an app that is staticly compiled, it is payware, that was
compiled on the 2.4.x kernels. Since upgrading to 2.6.x, it crashes
every time, it starts to do a dns lookup. If I use the dotted IP then it
works okay but this is okay only for static ips.

I have heard that if something else is used to do the dns lookup other
than the kernel/glibc, that these crashes don't happen as I believe that
this is a problem with other applications.

If this is true, can someone point me in the directions of getting
around this problem.

Sean
--
Sean Rima
ICQ: 679813 AIM: tcobone Jabber.org: thecivvie