Re: [SLE] kicked out of graphical boot mode
  • From: Ken Schneider <suse-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 08:41:57 -0500
On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 08:27, devosc wrote:
> I'm logged in as root and it won't allow me to enter the .X11-unix
> dir, says permission denied ?
>
> G.

Since you mentioned that you heard a clicking sound when the system
froze up it sounds like a hard drive problem occurred which could have
corrupted a file system. Before re-installing try booting to the rescue
system (1st cd/dvd) and run fsck on the primary disk and see if any
problems are reported. fsck should fix them unless the disk has gone
bad.

--
Ken Schneider

* Only reply to the list please*