9.2 DVD ISO will not Boot
  • From: Keith <kilowattradio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 06:55:42 -0800
I just downloaded the DVD ISO for 9.2 from SUSE. The md5sum is
correct on the file and after burning the DVD with burn image in Nero
in Win XP and K3B when booting the computer the DVD drive light comes
on, 'boot from CD:' notification from the BIOS appears and the DVD
drive light stays on. The computer will not boot from the DVD.

I am not burning the ISO as a file to the DVD and when I examine the
DVD the contents of the DVD appear as a normal boot disk. My SUSE 9.1
PRO DVD boots fine in the same DVD drive. I am burning the ISO to a
DVD-R if that makes a difference.

TNX for any tips.

--
Best Regards, Keith