Re: [SLE] SATA drives - What is good or not good.
  • From: "JD. Brown" <brownstixzz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 14:58:13 -0700
> I am helping my grandson build a system for doing CAD. He was looking at a
> WD Caviar 200GB drive that was on sale.

It's not so much the SATA drives as it is with the motherboard onboard
chipsets. Certain motherboards out there act really retarded with SATA
drives and hoses up the system.
Just double check your mobo model on Google and see if it's one of
them. If it is? Just buy a Serial ATA card or an Raid card to bypass
the onboard mobo chipset with that drive(S).

JD