Re: [SLE] kicked out of graphical boot mode
  • From: devosc <devosc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 19:20:38 -0600
> Is 'tmp' full? Delete '/tmp/.X11-unix', perhaps.

At the time, I was unable to due to being told that I had insufficient
privileges.... someone then suggested chmod 1777 but that still didn't
do it.... ?

> This is not windows :-p

I appreciate that, that's why I'm here :), I was going on the
whimsical notion that the repair utility on the install cd may of been
able to help... seeing as it knows more about the system than I do....

hmmm.... main concern is what to do when it happens again.... I don't
think reinstalling each time is going to be an option... is there
anywhere that I can find documentation / faqs towards this ?

G.