Re: [SLE] kicked out of graphical boot mode
  • From: devosc <devosc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 00:50:59 -0600
I installed the smartmontools from the 9.1 distro cds, but it prompted
(informed) me to perform a text first prior to enabeling in the run
level editor.. can someone provide the syntax to use... I tried
smartcl -t but it wants to know about a device?

Also, if not too much trouble, could some provide a short list of
steps (commands) to perform (regularly) in order to get check /
correct the disks... especially if after having to do a hard reboot...

I did try fsck but it said current drive had write permissions.... ???

G.

< Previous Next >