Re: [SLE] yast and postfix
  • From: "Theo v. Werkhoven" <twe-suse.e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 12:34:41 +0100
Fri, 04 Feb 2005, by suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> Theo v. Werkhoven wrote:
>
> >Wed, 02 Feb 2005, by suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
> >>Hi All,
> >>
> >>I have a problem with yast re-enabling postfix on it's own. This is on a
> >>mail server that runs XMail which has it's own local mail delivery
> >>daemon. I have disabled postfix since it's redundant and it binds to the
> >>port that XMail needs. However sometimes when I make a change using yast
> >>it insists on starting postfix behind my back. Any ideas?
> >
> >$ rpm -q -provides postfix
> >smtp_daemon
> >postfix = 2.1.5-3
> >
> >Make sure Xmail (whatever that may be, I thought it was just a CLI
> >MUA) provides smtp_daemon in its init file.
> >
> Yes, it's an interesting all-in-one mail handler which replaces
> sendmail/postfix, fetchmail, and pop3 server daemons. It has it's own
[..]

Not my kind of strong Brownian motion producer. I happen to
believe in seperate apps all doing their own thing, and within
their own (security) context, very well.
You only have to look at Exchange to see what can go wrong when
a MTA is mated with an agenda, MDA, contact database, authentication
database, spell checker, game server, coffee machine and $YOUR_DEITY
known what else.

Theo
--
Theo v. Werkhoven Registered Linux user# 99872 http://counter.li.org
ICBM 52 13 26N , 4 29 47E. + ICQ: 277217131