Re: [SLE] kicked out of graphical boot mode
  • From: Jeffrey Laramie <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 09:12:43 -0500
devosc wrote:

I installed the smartmontools from the 9.1 distro cds, but it prompted
(informed) me to perform a text first prior to enabeling in the run
level editor.. can someone provide the syntax to use... I tried
smartcl -t but it wants to know about a device?

Also, if not too much trouble, could some provide a short list of
steps (commands) to perform (regularly) in order to get check /
correct the disks... especially if after having to do a hard reboot...

I did try fsck but it said current drive had write permissions.... ???

When I replied to this the first time the spell checker in Thunderbird didn't care for the spelling of "fsck". You can imagine what it told me to use as a replacement <g>

Jeff