Re: [SLE] kicked out of graphical boot mode
  • From: devosc <devosc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 09:37:47 -0600
I tried to create a rescue disk and the computer just kept cutting out
on me, which is strange compared to the amount of usage required
during a complete install... anyway I'm off to *try* and get a 400Watt
power supply, I suspect that this is the cause of the problem, I'm
currently using a 300Watt ps and from a quick look on the web I've
seen a site offering the same motherboard with a 400Watt supply, so
I'm going with the assumption that this is a more suitable one to
use.. it's just that at the time of purchasing the compononents I
didn't find anything suggesting a suitable ps for the SOYO KT400...
well lets hope I pick something up today... and that the 400Watt
doesn't cause any harm etc....

BTW, I enabled 'smartd' in the runlevel configuration and the system
didn't hang after reboot.... I presume 'smartd' is totally different
from S.M.A.R.T something or another which my bios says is not
available....

Cheers,
G.

< Previous Next >