Re: [SLE] BBC website
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 19:01:25 +0100
Matthew wrote:

> Good day,
>
> Just wondering, if I was to setup a server in England with Squid proxy
> server and direct my browser to connect through this, would I be able to view
> the UK only content on the BBC website? Like the 6 Nations rugby?

Presumably that would depend on how the BBC website determines whether you are eligible for
UK-only content or not. Perhaps they use some form of IP-to-country mapping, even if that
method isn't 100% reliable.
I've just had a look at the 6 Nations Rugby page - seems to work fine?

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich

--
http://www.spamchek.co.uk/freetrial - sign up for your free 30-day trial now!