Re: [SLE] kicked out of graphical boot mode
  • From: devosc <devosc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 12:29:22 -0600
Well, in my attempt to determine where / what the problem was I think
I blew my my motherboard.... wahey!...

ahh...

[$52.53]
Motherboard SOYO KT600:
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=MB-KT600V2&show=p
[$70.04]
Memory 512MB:
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=D512M266KI
[$82.40]
Ahtlon XP-220 CPU + Heat Sink & Fan:
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=XP-2200BX
[$28.32]
Mid-Tower Case & 350W Power Supply:
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=CA-ST103KU

Total: $233.29 + shipping & tax...

Well my local pc shop wanted $70 just to look at the machine and then
tell me what I need to spend, where their cheapest motherboard is
$125... so I might as well start a fresh ?

Could someone care to comment on the above specs... I just need a
workstation running with a webserver environment for development
purposes...
I left out the graphics card as this time I'm going to presume that
the one on the motherboard will be ok, according to Soyo the
motherboard is Linux compatible... plus I might be lucky and my
existing ATI 9000 graphics card may still work etc... I'll test out my
hard-drive on another pc...

G.