Re: [SLE] a good firewall?
  • From: Henry Tang <henry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 13:17:20 -0600
Our company's sonicwall just died out and i need a firewall replacement. Sonicwall is really strange.. The sonicwall has two ports wan and lan.. The wan is hooked up to the csu/dsu router and the lan is hooked up to a hub for internal networks. The sonicwall is only used to block ports but all computers in the lan, sonicwall, and csu/dsu router uses static ip provided by our internet provider. It is really a weird setup which i don't approve of, but I need something that can do the job like sonicwall. I dunno if it is possible.. I have a firewall at home but the lan is a internal ips 192.xxx

henry

Per Jessen wrote:

Henry Tang wrote:

Anyone uses a suse firewall (linuxbox) in a coorporate environment?

Yep, we do.

or should just go ahead with a hardware firewall like Sonicwall.

Does it do anything extra that you have a need for?

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich