Re: [SLE] CPU oddness.. /proc/cpuinfo included.
  • From: "Ryan McCain" <Ryan.McCain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 15:08:10 -0600
Interesting point. I'm in the process of reading all about this new
found setting.. Thanks for your advice..

ryan

--------------------------------------

Ryan McCain
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Linux System Administrator 3
email: Ryan.McCain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 225.219.0556
Fax: 225.219.0540

Registered Linux User #364609
Ryan McCain wrote:
>After some research and a few chats on IRC, I
>found out by righ clicking on my power icon, then selecting SET CPU
>FREQUENCY POLICY, I could change a setting to "Performance" .. It was
>previously at dynamic, which is "supposed" to save power. However, I
>would think the power saved is negligible at best.

Don't only think of power saved meaning watts of electricity. It also,
by slowing the processor when your system is just 'spinning its wheels',

also drops the temp of the CPU, extending its life as well as using less

watts.
--
Joe Morris
New Tribes Mission