Re: [SLE] 'Top' load averages?
On Saturday 05 Feb 2005 14:30, Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:
> Been monitoring the system CPU usage with the 'top' command and I wonder
> what the time intervals is for the 3 load average figures ie is it 'load
> average% for the last minute'/100, 'load average% for the last 2.5
> minutes'/100, 'load average% for the last 5 minutes'/100??
>
> I have had a look at man, info, the help pages and th user and admin
> manual without success. Where can I find reference to what each value is?
> --
> Hylton Conacher - Linux user # 229959 at http://counter.li.org
> Currently using SuSE 9.0 Professional with KDE 3.1

It is the same as uptime.

# man uptime

NAME
uptime - tell how long the system has been running

SYNOPSIS
uptime [OPTION]... [ FILE ]

DESCRIPTION
Print the current time, the length of time the system has
been up, the number of users on the system, and the averĀ­
age number of jobs in the run queue over the last 1, 5 and
15 minutes. If FILE is not specified, use /var/run/utmp.
/var/log/wtmp as FILE is common.

# uptime
10:00pm up H:MM, N users, load average: 2.06, 2.26, 2.29

< Previous Next >