Re: [SLE] Copying DVD.
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 18:43:45 -0500
On Saturday 05 February 2005 01:47 pm, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> I've had no problems making double density discs (DVD+R DL) with
> K3b.....like the SUSE DVD shipped with 9.2. But, I'd like to be able to
> archive SOME of our DVD movies......not all, but some. Will K3b do that, or
> do I have a DRM problem like with MickySoft software?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fred

My god man.... the DRM police will be at your door before you even put the
blank into the drive... <g>

I would say try it.... When I tried to copy such a DVD, k3b told me I was
trying to put about 7+GB of stuff onto a 4.2GB DVD (I don't have dual layer)
and so it seemed ready to try, but couldn't do the job..... If it
recognizes your DL drive for what it is, it should do it.

+ Bruce S. Marshall bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx Bellaire, MI 02/05/05 18:42 +
"Life is a game of bridge -- and you've just been finessed."