Re: [SLE] Copying DVD.
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 17:45:32 -0600
On Saturday 05 February 2005 12:47, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> I've had no problems making double density discs (DVD+R DL) with
> K3b.....like the SUSE DVD shipped with 9.2. But, I'd like to be able to
> archive SOME of our DVD movies......not all, but some. Will K3b do that, or
> do I have a DRM problem like with MickySoft software?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fred
>
> --
> The only bug free software from MickySoft is still shrink-wrapped
> in their warehouse..."

You will need something like dvdbackup first to copy the dvd to your hard
disk, and then using k3b you can write it back.

If these are dvds you have purchased, most probably they are encrypted, so you
will need libdvdcss as well for the dvdbackup to successfully copy the
content.

Please, note that in some contries it may be illegal, so check your local
laws.

Sunny

--
Get Firefox