FAT32 has not 2GB file-size restriction!
  • From: Bahram Alinezhad <alineziad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 00:32:21 -0800 (PST)
The 2GB boundary of file-size on FAT32 file systems belongs only
to Win9x and Linux 2.4 or older. With WinXP and Linux 2.6 you
have not such limitation.
In both SuSE 9.1 and Fedora 3.0, I built 3GB disk images by "dd"
command on a fat32 partition and made a copy of them by "cp"
command: No problem. Also, there was no problem with copying
those files inside WinXP. In Windows 98, I had no errors with
scandisk and no errors with readindg these files; Creating a copy
of these files under 98 is not allowed though.

Thank you for your notice,
Bahram Alinezhad,
Registered linux user #375283 (counter.li.org)
Rudehen, Tehran, Iran.