nforce3: problems with additional sound card
  • From: tmp@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 13:40:40 +0100
Hi!

Additionally to my nforce3 onboard sound I do have an old PCI Sound Blaster
and I've problem getting both running. One if no problem (no matter which
one).

1) modprobe loads both modules but only one is functional.

2) YaST however complains to be unable to load the second module (IO,
IRQ, ...).

3) /etc/modprobe.d/sound:

options snd-ens1371 enable=1 index=0

# H0_h.e7_dZqa13l1:nForce3 250Gb AC'97 Audio Controller
alias snd-card-1 nvsound
# t2XO.F2uWXyTiEa3:Creative Sound Blaster AudioPCI128
alias snd-card-0 snd-ens1371

According to YaST the SB is running. But it is not, I'm currently listing over
nvsound. And I'm listening to /dev/dsp, not /dev/dsp1.

???

  • No further messages