Network problems..
  • From: "Anders Norrbring" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 17:44:29 +0100

I have a MSI motherboard with integrated gigbit network, Broadcom NetXtreme
5788 chip.

This board has worked really fine with Windows XP for more than 6 months,
but now when I try to run SuSE Linux on it I run into serious problems.

After a while it seems like the network "dies" on me and I loose connection.
If I then do a "/etc/init.d/network restart" it comes up again.

Are there any known issues? I could put in a separate NIC, but if there's a
solution with the onboard chip I can as well use it.

Anders.

< Previous Next >