boot freeze and black screen
  • From: Thies Eggers <thies.eggers@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 21:37:55 +0200
Dear list,

following problem prevents me from using my SuSE 9.1 Pro. :-( Yesterday
everything still worked fine ... no idea why not any longer.

My SuSE boots fine until the stage were the firewall reaches phase 3 of 3. After
this stage the screen goes black and nothings else happens. As far as I
remember should then the nVidia splash screen apprear and KDE start. But
nothings goes anymore.
I tried 'fsck' and 'reiserfsck' from the rescue system to see whether the disks
might be damaged but there seems to be no error on the harddrives.

Any ideas, what I might do? Is it just the graphic driver that doesn't load? If
so what to do to bring it back?

Thanks, Thies

--
Thies Eggers