Re: [SLE] a good firewall?
  • From: Sid Boyce <sboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 20:20:10 +0000
Jerry Westrick wrote:
Floppyfirewall as firewall (http://www.zelow.no/floppyfw), and FWBUILDER (http://www.fwbuilder.org/) as configuration firewall builder tool, is a very good combination I've used before.

I highly recommend them both, and in combination they are great.

Jerry

On Saturday 05 February 2005 19:04, Per Jessen wrote:

Henry Tang wrote:

Anyone uses a suse firewall (linuxbox) in a coorporate environment?

Yep, we do.

or should just go ahead with a hardware firewall like Sonicwall.

Does it do anything extra that you have a need for?

/Per Jessen, Zürich

--
http://www.spamchek.ch/freetrial - jetzt für 30 Tage ausprobieren -
kostenlos und unverbindlich!

Depending on what is required, Astaro Linux firewall is worth a look - http://www.astaro.com, they've also just gone into selling a hardware appliance loaded with their software. You get frequent updates online. I've been using astaro on my home network for quite a few months now - I first tried it about 5 or 6 years ago, back then it only supported dial-up. The free version I'm using excludes anti-virus, anti-spam and VPN, these are all part of the paid-for version. WI-FI support uses any PCMCIA card supported by Linux, using a PCI adapter.
In a corporate setting, I'd highly recommend it.
Regards
Sid.
--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and Keen Flyer
=====ALMOST ALL LINUX USED HERE, Solaris 10 SPARC is just for play=====

< Previous Next >