Re: [SLE] a good firewall?
  • From: Hans du Plooy <hansdp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 09:32:35 +0200
On Sunday 06 February 2005 22:20, Sid Boyce wrote:
> Depending on what is required, Astaro Linux firewall is worth a look -
> http://www.astaro.com,
I can add my agreement to this one. Astaro is a fantastic product - and it's
based on SUSE! Aside from the things Sid mentioned, it has a very
comprehensive administrator interface, and very excellent reporting tools.

If that's a little more than you need (it is a bit heavy on resources if you
use all its features), have a look at IP-COP (www.ipcop.org). Stick it on a
Pentium with at the very least 32 MB ram (I would recommend 64), and you have
a very sweet firewall. It has squid, intrusion detection, time server, dhcp
server, and a very good and easy to use web interface. Very easy to install
and setup.

--
Kind regards
Hans du Plooy