Re: [SLE] 9.2 scsi install: no fstab found
  • From: Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru) <andreil1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 12:44:13 +0200

For some reason, your system is booting from one of the floppy images it
found on the CD. This is ok -- that's why they're there -- but to
proceed successfully you'll need to create and use the modules
diskette's, too.

Sorry, Carl, but I think kernel modules are located on root disk image (/boot/root - 57 MB on SuSE 9.2 DVD). Modules 1, 2, etc only needed if one want to boot from floppies, not DVD. Please correct me if I am wrong. I have very similar problem - SuSE 9.2 do not recognizes SATA hardware RAID neither on Intel 875, neither on 7220 m/b.

* Best Regards --- Andrei Verovski
*
* Personal Home Page
* http://snow.prohosting.com/guru4mac/
* Mac, Linux, DTP, Development, IT WEB Site