[SLE] Making a LDAP addressbook
  • From: Thibaut Cousin <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 11:45:33 +0100
Hello,

I don't know much about LDAP for the moment, but I'd like to create an
addressbook that I could share on my local network, for use with KDE
(KAddressbook, KMail) and MacOS (Mail.app, Addressbook.app).
Could anyone help me find a starting point? What specific format must I give
the addressbook so that it's recognized by the applications mentioned above?
Can I create the database just by feeding the LDAP server with an ldif file
exported from KAddressbook?
I'm using SUSE 9.2, right now I don't have any "favorite application"
related to LDAP, so any suggestion would also be welcome. :-)
Thanks for any tip,

--
Thibaut Cousin
http://www.thibaut-cousin.net