USB ADSL question.
  • From: mikael persson <zen22843@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 12:38:12 +0000
Hi list,
I am completly new to the world of linux and quite overwhelmed with all
manner of configuration this little beatuy requires.
I consider myself a total novice and know hardly anything, but will try
and learn as much as I can.
Now off to my first question, I am trying to configure my USB ADSL modem
to work with suse 9.2. But am having no luck.
I specified everything I could during the install of suse. All switches
and options seemed to be there but that didn't help much.

The manual states that suse only deals with PPPoE but yast has the
option to specify PPPoA (that my provider and modem require). Which one
should I believe?

I have tried to look around in as many option boxes as possible but
haven't found any solution to this problem. Is there anyone out there
who could lend me some help in regards to what direction I should persue?

The ADSL modem in question is a speedtouch 330, connected via USB.

I am very grateful for any help you can throw my way.

cheers,
Mikael

< Previous Next >