Re: [SLE] Can't upgrade firefox via APT
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 09:45:43 -0500

Trey Sizemore wrote:
| When attempting to upgrade Firefox on my SUSE 9.2 box via apt-get
| upgrade, I'm getting a 'cpio: bad magic' error. It's happening with a
| handful of other packages as well, but this one sticks out in my mind.
| I have version 0.10 of Firefox installed and version 1.0x is in the
| repository.
|
| What would cause this error, and how is it rectified?
|
| Thanks.

Hi Trey,

I think this topic has been discussed here fairly recently.
You could try looking here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=suse-linux-e&r=1&w=2
(It's a searchable archive of suse-linux-e)

I also tried Google using the search phrase "apt cpio: bad magic" which
provided me with several relevant hits.

HTH & regards,

- - Carl

- --