Re: [SLE] Sax causes black screen
  • From: James Smullins <floridaflier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 19:22:28 -0500

> James Smullins wrote:
> | I just upgraded from suse 9.0 to 9.2 via ftp. I am trying to set up my
> | monitor and graphics card ( hp mx70 and gforce mx440 pci ) I load sax2
> | and get a black screen that requires a reboot to elininate.
> <snip>
>
> Hi Jim,
>
> This has been discussed many times on this list. For future reference,
> here's link to a searchable archive of suse-linux-e:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=suse-linux-e&r=1&w=2
>

> in re "black screen":
>
> Try invoking SaX2 with the -l (lower case L for "low resolution")
> option, i.e.:
>
> "SaX2 -l"
>
> This will launch SaX2 in standard VGA mode (640 x 480, 60 Hz, 16 color)
> so you can see what you're doing in setup.
>
> regards,
>
> - - Carl
>
> - --
I had forgotten about the archive. But alas still no help. I have done
as you and another posrer sugessted as well as every thing listed in the
archive and still a blank screen with no way out but to power off.

Looking at the sax2 logs it does not seem to see the nvidia card but
rather the onboard ( its disabled in the bios) Yast hardware list the
nvidia card. I tried telling sax to read the yast file instead but still
a blank screen.

Is there something I could be missing or would the out put of the sax2
log hekp?

Jim

< Previous Next >