Re: [SLE] backing up "proc" the directory re Bruce
  • From: Ted Hilts <thilts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 17:43:30 -0700
Bruce:
I've already done that in the form of a Boot CD Rom which I liked better than the Boot Diskette. It seems the rescue part of the Boot CD Rom is more extensive than the rescue part of the Boot Diskette which I also built. But I did not think I could use this Boot CD Rom to Boot up other systems. Are you suggesting that I provide an input to the Boot CD Rom "Boot to Hard Drive" option using GRUB notation??? Have you actually booted up another machine this way??

Thanks -- Ted

Bruce said

You can easily make a grub boot floppy which will give you the same menu setup that you have on SuSE and you can go from there.

Go to: www.linux-sxs.org and do a search on grub to find some instructions.

< Previous Next >