Re: [SLE] update problem
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 03:28:25 +0100 (CET)

The Monday 2005-02-07 at 14:24 -0600, Sunny wrote:

> > I take it that the Nvidia drivers are broken in the 2.6.5-7.145 update.
> > Sounds like I should wait for another update before installing. What
> > ever happened to QA/testing? Never seemed to have this type of problem
> > before SuSE was purchased by Novell.

Oh, yes. There have always been problems.

> I don't know why, but I never succeeded to install nVidia drivers with yast.
> So I made a manual installation (a long ago) and since then, on every
> kernel update I need to rebuild the kernel modules.

It has worked here with every YOU update I did with SuSE 9.1 (not with
8.2). The kernel rpm contains the kernel modules, and update after update,
they are ok and run first boot, without my intervention. This doesn't
happen if you install the latest driver, SuSE packs 1.0-5336 for 9.1.

Except this last one, it is broken.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson