Re: [SLE] boot freeze and black screen
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 03:36:52 +0100 (CET)

The Monday 2005-02-07 at 14:28 -0600, Sunny wrote:

> I posted to the other thread before I see this. I have never checked
> and didn't know that they come with the update. But I guess the better
> approach will be to have a script which precompiles them, as there is
> no way to know which version of the driver the user has.

SuSE kernel (2.6.5-7.145) comes with nvidia driver 1.0-5336, dated Jan 14
2004, a year old. They have not upgraded the driver since SuSE 9.1 came
out, they simply compile whatever the kernel requires. This is consistent
with SuSE policy of not changing package versions during a distro life.

As long as we didn't update to the latest nvidia driver, it has worked
update after YOU update. But something went wrong this time.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson

< Previous Next >