Re: [SLE] 64 bit flash
  • From: "B. Stia" <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 01:03:26 -0500
On Monday 07 February 2005 07:39, Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:
> B. Stia wrote:
> >I am running a 64 bit Firefox. Many webpages I visit tell me I do
> > not have flashplayer installed and some will not even open. Other
> > pages offer to download and install it. Tried that once and it
> > killed Firefox. Found out via this list, ( Joe Morris I think ?? )
> > that there is not a compatible flashplayer for the 64 bit Firefox.
> >
> >Any ideas on how to get around this ??
>
> You have 2 options. One, uninstall the 64 bit version and install the
> 32 bit version, and use Macromedia's flash player (only available in
> 32 bit). Two, install the swfdec and swfdec-mozilla rpms from my apt
> repository. They are alpha quality, but work somewhat (

Thanks Joe,

My motto is "never go back" Can't bring myself to revert to 32 bit
Firefox. Downloaded the two files in your apt repository. Apt made me
download Mozilla also. Trying to decide whether to keep Mozilla or
not. Can I just un-install it if I decide to ??

Question: Will the websites recognize the swfdec installation and stop
haranguing me for the flashplayer plugin ?? Do I need to do anything
special after installing those files ??

Bob S.

PS Joined the group asking Macromedia to make flashplayer 64 bit.