Re: [SLE] Mutt Lovins'
  • From: Allen <gorebofh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 03:49:26 -0500
> > I delete that line, :wq, and boom, threadw.
> >
> > Moral of this story:
> >
> > Mutt is better than everything else for mail clients and being lazy
> > with configuration files is bad.
>
> And so that you have an easier time the next go-around:
>
> When you suspect that you have a configuration problem, or an unexplained
> unwanted presentation, start mutt with "mutt -F /dev/null" and you will
> have mutt with the default config. Another action would be to cob
> together a *very* basic config, no send-hooks, etc, and start mutt "mutt
> -F /<path>/<to>/<new-config>".

Thanks, I knew it was something but I wasn't quite sure what yet. At the
time I was thinking OK, this has to be somewhere in here, so I looked and
looked and finally found it. It was something so small, but time has proven
to me that when something like this happens, it almost always is. When I
would code some HTML or PERL, I've had the same things happen, it was
always some slight error or typo. Those 3 AM errors really spank heh.