Linux and hardware mp3 players
  • From: Gerhard den Hollander <gdenhollander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 14:39:26 +0100
Im looking for a hardware mp3 player that's supported under linux:

my main requirements are:
**LINUX SUPPORT**
cheap (<$100/Euro 100)
at least 2 hours playing time (256M or more)
**LINUX SUPPORT** (even if it's just mount as massstorage
device and drop the mp3s on it)
Ideally self-charging (as in, stick it in the USB slot and it
will recharge itself)

Any recommendations ?

Apples iStick / iShuffle sounds like it would fit the bill but
1) i'm not sure if it can be used from within linux
2) it has a one second gap between tracks

Currently listening to: 10D1Track08

Gerhard, (faliquid@xxxxxxxxx) == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
__O You'll grow to loathe my name, You'll hate me just the same
=`\<, You won't need your breath, and soon you'll meet your death

< Previous Next >