Re: [Fwd: [SLE] the directory "proc"] --NOT a repost - apology
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 09:22:36 -0800
Greg,

<rschulz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Mike,

> > > That's a good idea.. Except that at the place I work, all
> > > web-based email is blocked. Yahoo, gmail, hotmail, ...
> >
> > GMail has POP access, now.
>
> How does that help with the virus issue?

I only addressed the objection to Web based email by pointing out that
GMail has POP access. I made no claims or statements of any kind about
virus blocking. Since this is a Linux list, virus blocking is not such
a big deal, is it?

> Does gmail have good AV?

Define good. You can read their claims as well as I.

So far I've received exactly one message on my GMail account (the
welcome message from the GMail system itself).

> I do like the gmail spam filtering, not too many false
> positives/negatives.
>
> Greg

Randall Schulz

< Previous Next >