Re: [Fwd: [SLE] the directory "proc"] --NOT a repost - apology
  • From: Mike <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 18:39:17 +0100
On Tuesday 08 February 2005 18:23, Randall R Schulz wrote:
Randall,

> > > GMail has POP access, now.
> >
> > Yea.. But these government folks really get upset when you start
> > messing with stuff like that.. ;-) Believe me, I'd love to get rid
> > of the email system we are using right now.. But I don't see it
> > happening in the near future.
>
> So what _do_ you use? Telepathic email? If you're not using any
> standards-based mail, what can anyone here do to help you?

Naa. At work, I don't do personal stuff like this. Much as I'd like to.
I keep the business separate from the fun stuff. I was only commenting
when it was brought up to use a web based email service and that ours
was blocked. You should see some of the stuff that gets blocked. Good
example is any reference to online auction. Say cnn is carrying a story
about something on ebay. Like that lady that sold the sandwich with the
so-called picture on it. Because it mentioned ebay, and I mean simply
mentioning it, the page was blocked. Reason given was "internet
auction". OH, well, that's what I get for working for Uncle Sam..

Mike