Re: [SLE] Totally baffled by NVIDIA.
  • From: blabla <blabla1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 00:19:23 +0100
John N. Alegre wrote:
I am starting to question my own sanity when it comes to NVIDIA drivers.

You are not the first one!

I've encountered two problems with Suse:

- it only works if you update when actually logged in as root. A normal user who enters the root password for YAST is no good.

- check your XF86Config file in /etc/X11 and make sure it says the following:

Section "InputDevice"
Driver "kbd"
Identifier "Keyboard[0]"

Suse 9.2 put Driver "keybord" into my file and my system displayed exactly the problems you mentioned. Changing "keyboard" to "kbd" did the trick!!!

hth

ingo