Re: [SLE] Totally baffled by NVIDIA.
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 01:29:55 +0100 (CET)

The Tuesday 2005-02-08 at 10:53 -0600, John N. Alegre wrote:

> I am starting to question my own sanity when it comes to NVIDIA drivers.

Heh, heh :-)

> About two months ago this happened and for some reason the above sh script /
> sax2 thing did not work. I tried both the 6629 drivers and the 5336 drivers
> with no luck. After a day of cursing I just gave up. The machine is used
> for two things. One is a mail router and the other is a MySQL server.

Ah, so you don't use it for 3d playing? :-P

In that case, I would simply use the standar "open" driver: ie, 'nv'
instead of 'nvidia'. Not so many features, but it works, and no updates
issues at all:

Section "Device" # ---- open driver, GPL ---
Identifier "Device[0]"
BoardName "GeForce2 MX/MX 400"