Re: [SLE] strange problem with items not showing up on desktop
  • From: James Wright <jwright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 18:00:07 -0800

When the item I saved did not appear, it was my next step to see if I could create a folder, as I did not think my file was actually created. I have not spent time on this, but as others have this problem I will try to figure it out over the next week or so.
-James

Gil Weber wrote:

** Reply to message from James Wright <jwright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on Tue,
08 Feb 2005 17:37:38 -0800

I also have this problem. Rather than re-start your session for your desktop item to appear, you can right-click to create a new folder. Then your new file(s) will appear. This does not fix the problem, which I too would like a solution to, but is better than re-starting you session.
-James

James, thanks! How in the world did you come up with this solution? It's
something that NEVER would have occured to me. Very creative, and it works
great, but it's odd to say the least.

Gil

< Previous Next >