SuSE 9.2 - Thinkpad
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 10:53:06 -0500
In the SuSE 9.2 Control Center, there's an item called "IBM Thinkpad Laptop", which includes a setting "Run Thinkpad KMilo plugin". Does anyone know what this does? There's no info on this, in the help center. Also, using IBM Thinkpad Laptop, requires /dev/nvram permissions to be set to 664 or 666, instead of the default 600. However, even though I can set this manually, it does not stay through a reboot. I have tried adding the command to boot.local, but it doesn't appear to work there either. Is there any way, to make the permissions stick?

tnx jk