Re: [SLE] Failed ReiserFS
  • From: Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 13:31:35 -0600 (CST)
On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Amanda B Hickman wrote:

> Is there anyone out there who is happy with reiserfs?

Yes. However, I'm not one of them.

reiserfs is fine, but like EVERY single filesystem it's a balance of
tradeoffs. My journaling FS of choice is jfs but you really can't go
wrong with ext3 - recent 2.6 kernels also have the ext3 directory
indexing improvements that make ext3 perform considerably better than
before on very large directories, etc... ext2/3 has (by far) the most
robust and comprehensive recovery tools available, period, and ext2/3
withstands media problems better han most.

--
Carpe diem - Seize the day.
Carp in denim - There's a fish in my pants!

Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>

< Previous Next >