Re: [SLE] Speedtouch and pppd problem
  • From: Fred <frederic.conrotte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 20:59:05 +0100
I've just looked to this post :
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=suse-linux-e&m=110603481721532&q=raw

and it really helped me, but in the end, the only thing I had to do is....
open YaST and reinstall packages pppd and smpppd...
Now I do not get this bloody "unrecognized option 'replacedefaultroute'" error
and my speedtouch USB modem works again as expected.

Thanks,

Fred

Fred wrote:
> anobody ?
>
> If I can't find a solution for this, where can I mention this bug to Suse ?

http://www.suse.com/en/company/suse/contact/

Have you looked at the recent posts on USB adsl problem, also about
speedtouch? There are several useful web resources. You could also try
different solutionsI've found the kernel module the one that works well
with SuSE 9.1 and the silver modem.

--
JDL