Re: [SLE] Problems with GRUB and changing hard drives...
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 21:52:02 +0100
> and this thing is getting mounted every time you boot. Of course it will
> fail when you try to mount another drive that isn't formatted Reiser, or
> isn't even partitioned.

Exactly as I would expect... that hdd would simply fail to be mounted
because fstab doesn't match the drive.. then it woudl be easy enough
to walk my friend through a partition/format/config - granted I've
never tried swaping drives on a "live" system before... it's always
been setup, and leave run forever...

The whole refuse to boot thing is strange.

Like I said, when I have the info off the machine I'll send it on....
it'll be tomorrow until someone is back at this machine and can pull
the relevant info.